August 29, 2006

Inspiration from an urban space





This time from a couple of snaps I took from inside the MoMa... looking forward to our return visit to NYC in September. I am gathering strength for some new paintings about the Luberon. Small works and a couple of window size slices too. Pulling out the ochre and gettin' in the mood. What do these photos have to do with that? Not a lot. Except that like most, I draw my inspiration from many sources be it the Bauhaus or Provence.

The word for the day is ... eclectic ... as in garlic and ginger in the morning eggs, the idea of a bauhaus textile draped on an asian carved stool and a kitchy "blue heaven" dinnerware piece set off with a danish flatware set.

5 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I'll send you some scents of inspiration from the provence, crisp leaves of golden sunflowers, fields of lavendar growing in braided like rows, deep purple grapes bundled tightly under the vines, splashes of the Nice seaside...want to have glass of wine?

Funky Finds said...

I visited the MoMA for the first time (and only time so far!) in December. Such a fabulous place.

Anonymous said...

Susan! I've been missing your posts this past week (I've been away). I still haven't been to the new MOMA. And yes, I'd LOVE to meet up with you in NYC in September!

andrea said...

The MoMA! I will one day visit. I envy you your proximity to NYC.

One Crabapple said...

mmm I am trying to picture all of this and taste and smell the eggs and ginger too !

You are so very interesting.

Looking forward to your new work

oh now I smell the garlic....xo- S