April 07, 2010

Portable Pantry in downtown Rochester!

lemon squares - my favs
yum
the case of deserts
friendly staff!
eat outside if the weather lets you!
stroll down to Hanson Street
We have been waiting for a nice little cafe to pop up downtown ... and it did! Susan over at the Portable Pantry had a booming business out in Northwood and a year ago made the move to Hanson Street right around the corner from artstream. All I can say is simply go. Her breakfasts are divine, her lunches are filled with fresh - fresh -fresh and as one who can't say no all the time to desert, well, she fills the bill there too. Friendly staff, and a little place to eat outside if the weather is allowing that. Ah, the coffee - Carpe Diem! (not that I drink coffee, but just sayin) So get on over to Hanson Street in downtown Rochester and have yourself a gourmet sandwich or bowl of homemade soup! My personal fav is the roasted tomato soup. If you go to her website you can see the menu and sign up for the lunch menus to be sent directly to you. Temptation! The deserts range from large home made cookies to sinfully rich cupcakes and scones. Just go. And don't forget her take out freezer. All sorts of dinners and extras to go!

Susan also hosts some dinner time events at her wonderful cafe - check in with her website or get on her list to be informed of the delightful once a month fun!

2 comments:

susanna said...

Mmm...yum! Wish I lived closer so I could have lunch there with you, Susan. Cafes like this one really adds personality to a town, don't they? They are a big welcome sign to residents and visitors alike.

Geek+Nerd said...

Oooh my my my! I'll have to check this out next time I'm up to visit my mom and dad!